Friday, September 14, 2012

Day 2 - Sam goes to university

Severe headache last night meant I was in bed at 9pm. Downside is that I was awake at 4.15 this morning.

Sam is off to University today so we have to load up a car and make the short trip down to Exeter. It's going to be a difficult and emotional day. Food could be a problem too but I'll just have to do the best I can.

Breakfast today comprises 2 poached eggs, 1 piece of whole meal toast and a reduced tomato, butternut squash and chilli sauce. Lunch was mackerel with onion, boiled potato & horseradish salad at the Piano & Pitcher in Exeter. Dinner was half a tuna steak with prawns, garlic & chilli.

Sam was quite eager to "get rid of us" after returning to his room. We took away the single sheets and duvet for the bed we were told he had and Sue made up his double bed with the new bedding from Primark. We had a few texts from Sam after we had gone. I jokingly told him that he was now deleted from my contact list. His response was DISOWNED! After 2 hours there was still no one on his corridor and I guess by then he had unpacked and boxed up the two hat orders. Last message was that he had sorted out his railcard, eaten and finally met some people in his corridor. Phew.

I'm two days into this detox and the headaches are pretty bad. I'm guessing this is caffeine withdrawal and sugar deprivation.

Let's see what tomorrow brings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home